Using Looper to Assist in making preset alterations

chris5150

Inspired
Got a long way through the Cooper Carter masterclass last week, excellent resource, really great programme to dig into the Axe 3.
One of his tips was to put a looper block in the preset grid, upfront, then record a passage whilst playing your guitar. Then you can simply replay the passage in the looper and whilst its playing you can alter the sound & levels in all the other blocks, really handy for tweaking differant settings, whilst you can listen directly to how it changes the sound coming out of your speakers.
I ignored the looper block pre the CC class as it never occured to me to use it in this way, I didnt realise you could actually alter the playback sound by altering the block settings live as it were...used to strum /tweak / strum..compare a/b, strum tweak etc...using the looper in this way is so good for dialling in your settings whilst concentrating on the sound your listening too.
Sure many already know this, but sure just as many dont, and it really is a powerful tool for tweaking

Not exactly your scenario, but a simple external looper in front of the Axe lets you audition everything, including when you move from preset to preset. It would be wonderful if the internal looper could do the same.

Back
Top Bottom