Using Logic Sound Designer to combine and audition IR's

the-patient

Inspired
Hey,

I've done a search for this, but have come up empty handed.

I'm wondering if I can test, and then combine custom IR's with space designer in logic.

I'm not that good with logic, so I need to ask, I'd probably have to have separate tracks for each IR I'm auditioning?

Can I then use space designer to combine them the way I want, or do I have use some of the other software that RedWirez provides on their website?

If this has in fact be answered, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

dfrl

+1

I'd like to know this too! I might think of a way to audition the IR's.

1). Record 1 track with just 1 amp and no cabs or effects.
2). Set the output of this track to bus 1
3). Create x number of tracks corresponding with the number of IR's you want to mix
4). Set the input of each of these tracks to bus 1
5). Set the output of these tracks to stereo (I believe).

Now I believe you can just add the Space (Reverb?) plugin to each of the lastly created tracks and load the corresponding IR's (the truncated *.wav files) to the each track. You can then mix them by changing the volume faders and probably also the panning?

Just don't have any clue on how to make this into an IR again.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

the-patient said:
Hey,

I've done a search for this, but have come up empty handed.

I'm wondering if I can test, and then combine custom IR's with space designer in logic.

I'm not that good with logic, so I need to ask, I'd probably have to have separate tracks for each IR I'm auditioning?

Can I then use space designer to combine them the way I want, or do I have use some of the other software that RedWirez provides on their website?

If this has in fact be answered, could you kindly point me in the right direction?

dfrl

No time to check this now, but I believe you'll be able to load and listen to and evaluate and adjust the monitor mix of cabinet 2 IR's using SD.
But I don't think it has the capability to bounce the mix of the two IR's into a single file.
I think it can save each individual edited IR though. and then you can probably bounce them together using Logic's Arrange page Bounce feature or using the Red Wirez IR Mixer that's floating around here.

I've tried the method of Andrew Simon described here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9347

Before I explain what I've done, let's view the results in Albert's application.

ir1.png

ir2.png

ir3.png

As you can see the first and last one don't look that well compared to other IR's.

So what have I done:
1) I recorded a stereo track with only the "brutal" filter trick by Cliff and an amp and muted the track after it was recorded
2) I created 3 stereo tracks and I copied the earlier recorded track to each track
3) I added the Space Designer to each track and added 3 different RedWirez IR's
4) I downloaded the impulse tone from the thread in the beginning of this post
5) I removed the earlier copied wav files and replace them with the impulse tone on each track
5) I set the stereo output to mono and bounced the result into a mono 48 kHz, 24 bit WAV file

I can't find any info on the phase issue (I can recall that I've seen someone here with the same issue though) and I think it's weird that I have some sort of silence in beginning of the IR plot.

I've used the following IR's:
- Orange4x12-V30s-R121-CapEdge-1in
- VoxAC30Blues-SM57-CapEdge-0.5in
- TweedDeluxeBlue-M160-Cap-0.5in

IronMan said:
AlbertA said:
Just trim the silence before you convert.

Do you perhaps also know what to do about the phase response?

Trimming the silence will help.

The silence at the beginning is why the phase looks kinda linear.

Back
Top Bottom