Using knobs B-C-D-E on Home page?

But how would it work otherwise?

Think of a modifier like someone with their fingers on the knob. There's no room for you to also put your fingers on there to adjust it (plus the other person is holding it where they want it).. you need to remove those fingers (modifier) to be able to move.
There is absolutely no reason why any non-automated modifiers could not also be adjusted from other sources.

The way it is now, if you assign for example an external controller to a param (let's say gain knob in Amp block) and don't have a MIDI controller connected, there is no way to adjust that parameter unless you remove the modifier. With no quick way to disable modifiers, this is just awful behavior all around.

It should work simply so that Axe-Edit or front panel controls can always adjust params where modifiers are attached as long as it's not an automated modifier like a LFO or whatever.

as long as it's not an automated modifier like a LFO or whatever.
See the post above yours :). Even modulation shouldn’t monopolize the parameter. I think the current behavior might stem from the way the AxeFX conflates remote control with modulation, thus putting unusual constraints on both use cases. I don’t know if I’d use your word of “awful” but it is unusual.

See the post above yours :). Even modulation shouldn’t monopolize the parameter. I think the current behavior might stem from the way the AxeFX conflates remote control with modulation, thus putting unusual constraints on both use cases. I don’t know if I’d use your word of “awful” but it is unusual.
The user experience is awful when you have a potentially non-working control. I agree it should be "last value wins" type thing.

I guess Fractal built this for automated modifiers then expanded it to other stuff because there's a lot of overlap. But then never improved it to work from multiple sources in a sensible way.

Back
Top Bottom