Using IA switch to change tempo

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
hi all, could not find anything from the search function on what i am trying to achieve.
i am currently using the ground control pro with one button assigned as a tempo bpm tap switch.
i am trying to find a way to change the tempo setting from quarter notes to dotted eights with another IA switch.
under the delay block, the tempo parameter doesn't have a { } notation under the parameter.
does this mean switching of tempo from one division to another can't be done?

correct.

i recommend replacing the switch you wanted to use for changing from 1/4 to dotted 1/8 with a Delay1 X/Y switch (assuming you're using delay 1). set up the X the way you like it with quarter notes. then while on the delay1 edit screen, hold the Y button and it will ask if you want to copy the X settings to the Y setting. say yes, then change the delay tempo from 1/4 to dotted 1/8.

now your Delay1 X/Y switch does what you wanted.

just when i thought: "aha! the axe fx 2 is not infallible after all..."
thanks for the awesome tip man! it worked like a charm.
saving the delay from x to y with different tempo and then assigning an i/a on my gcp to toggle between delay x/y gave me exactly what i needed.

wow, sundance_kiddsg, if i remember you correctly you were on the G4C forums yes? haha nice to see you picked up an Axe Fx II! :)

hey! nice to see you here.
dropped out from g4c when life got in the way, i guess you might say.
checked in some time ago and saw nothing but ad spams..not sure who's administering it now.
held out from getting the standard and the ultra cos i couldn't quite justify the investment.
was intrigued after tone match capabilities were added in fw 6.0 to the axe fx 2.
still figuring out the unit.
this switching of tempo was the last in the list of things i wanted to accomplish and am glad there is a way to get what i want.

I see, yeah I haven't been there in ages either. That's good to hear, the Axe Fx II is a great piece of gear! Nice to know that you've managed to get what you want out of it :)

Back
Top Bottom