Using FX8 With The Fryette Power Station

Anyone know if Fryette fixed this issue in the new PS-2 version of the Power Station? I'm thinking about picking one up but I'll probably pass if this is still a problem.

Not for me. My PS2 works great with my Axe8.
But I think the problem only occurs when you're using it with a real amp with the 4CM, or is that what you're doing with the AX8? I just got my Power Station and tested it quickly. It squeals terribly with the FX8 and two of my amps. I may return it.

But I think the problem only occurs when you're using it with a real amp with the 4CM, or is that what you're doing with the AX8? I just got my Power Station and tested it quickly. It squeals terribly with the FX8 and two of my amps. I may return it.
That is also just like hum what a ground loop does. It's not something that is "to be fixed' on the PS2 it's what happens when certain gear interfaces. Using humbuster cables and it's doing it? Use a regular cable and lift ground on one end.
Marshall style Amps are really prone to this. My 18 watt clone even wants to ground sqeal when the cable crosses above the fx8...no loop straight in.

Also doesn't help that with attenuation/load you can run the amp full tilt and it'll do funny stuff that way.
The less awesome side effect of making stuff easier for the bedroom studio.

Last edited:
That is also just like hum what a ground loop does. It's not something that is "to be fixed' on the PS2 it's what happens when certain gear interfaces. Using humbuster cables and it's doing it? Use a regular cable and lift ground on one end.
Marshall style Amps are really prone to this. My 18 watt clone even wants to ground sqeal when the cable crosses above the fx8...no loop straight in.

Also doesn't help that with attenuation/load you can run the amp full tilt and it'll do funny stuff that way.
The less awesome side effect of making stuff easier for the bedroom studio.
Yes, I'm using Humbusters on the two outs from the FX8. I've also tried lifting the ground on one end of a regular cable. I've tried moving the PS away from the amp so the loop cables aren't running near the amp. Nothing helps. Strangely the squeal happens with my Marshall Jubilee but not my Friedman Dirty Shirley. It happens once I get the master on the Jubilee over noon or so. Once I take the FX8 out of the loop of the Power Station it goes away. Probably just one of those quirks of using certain gear together. At this point I'm probably going to return the Power Station since having a useable loop when the amp is cranked is one of the main reasons I wanted it.

Yes, I'm using Humbusters on the two outs from the FX8. I've also tried lifting the ground on one end of a regular cable. I've tried moving the PS away from the amp so the loop cables aren't running near the amp. Nothing helps. Strangely the squeal happens with my Marshall Jubilee but not my Friedman Dirty Shirley. It happens once I get the master on the Jubilee over noon or so. Once I take the FX8 out of the loop of the Power Station it goes away. Probably just one of those quirks of using certain gear together. At this point I'm probably going to return the Power Station since having a useable loop when the amp is cranked is one of the main reasons I wanted it.
Same ground reference, outlet?
There is always the idea of using a transformer v isolated line out but still might happen.

Same ground reference, outlet?
There is always the idea of using a transformer v isolated line out but still might happen.
Yes, same outlet. I tried plugging the FX8 into a Hum-X too. I returned the Power Station. I may try the Suhr or Rock Crusher later taking a line out to the FX8 for post effects and then into a SS amp.

Yes, same outlet. I tried plugging the FX8 into a Hum-X too. I returned the Power Station. I may try the Suhr or Rock Crusher later taking a line out to the FX8 for post effects and then into a SS amp.
Yeah it's a pain interfacing stuff, dealing with ground squeals even when the boxes have ISO xformers.
I wouldn't want to do customer service for guys making loads and line out boxes.

Back
Top Bottom