Using FM9 to controller presets FM3

dschaaf

Experienced
I have been spending time with my FM3+FM9 combination (FM3 into FM9 via SPDIF) and am loving the setup and it gives a ton of flexibility. Just wondering what midi PC's or CC's are used if I want to have select the preset on the FM9 and have it send a command to the FM3 that changes to a particular preset. I have added the midi block to the FM9 patch and have it attempt to send midi data to the FM3 and I can get it to kinda work but if it selects the preset...it causes the FM3 display to kind of constantly flash once selected.

Is there a proper way to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Derek

I have been spending time with my FM3+FM9 combination (FM3 into FM9 via SPDIF) and am loving the setup and it gives a ton of flexibility. Just wondering what midi PC's or CC's are used if I want to have select the preset on the FM9 and have it send a command to the FM3 that changes to a particular preset. I have added the midi block to the FM9 patch and have it attempt to send midi data to the FM3 and I can get it to kinda work but if it selects the preset...it causes the FM3 display to kind of constantly flash once selected.

Is there a proper way to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Derek
sounds like the MIDI channel of the FM3 is set to Omni, so it receives the preset change 16 times. set it to a single channel and that should stop.

the CC's used are blank at default, so you'll have to set them in the Setup > MIDI menu on the FM3.

sounds like the MIDI channel of the FM3 is set to Omni, so it receives the preset change 16 times. set it to a single channel and that should stop.

the CC's used are blank at default, so you'll have to set them in the Setup > MIDI menu on the FM3.
Excellent, thank you!

I think by default the PCs are sent automatically so don't add them to the scene midi block, unless you turn off Send MIDI PC. Also, set it to the channel your other unit is using if you use it:

EB7F76C6-A342-45D2-842A-F267B0A24B65.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom