Using FM3 with backing track from mp3 player

acuba777

Hi! I have old style mp3 player with 3,5mm jack out. I see it is too complicated to use IN2 block, as I need to split signal to have it stereo and put IN2 block to every preset, right?
So is there an option to use 3,5mm to usb adapter, to get backing track from this mp3 player, but via USB?

Last edited:
Hi! I have old style mp3 player with 3,5mm jack out. I see it is too complicated to use IN2 block, as I need to split signal to have it stereo and put IN2 block to every preset, right?
So is there an option to use 3,5mm to usb adapter, to get backing track from this mp3 player, but via USB?
You do not have to input as stereo, you can use mono; see page 92 of the manual. Yes, you would need to place an Input 2 block into any preset you wanted to use this way. Sorry, I'm not versed in your USB question, but it appears from that same reference you could just route the signal to Output 2. If that works, you'll either have to copy Out 1 to Out 2 or you'll need to place an Out 2 block in the preset, so you might be faced with a similar situation.

Last edited:
you can get a Y-splitter cable from your mp3 player to the two inputs. you'll need some adapter anyways to go from 3.5mm to 1/4".
there's no audio/usb adapter. these are different signals/data, so yes IN2 in every preset. you can just run it to out1.

it means, to get stereo backing track I need this cable, right?

Attachments

• 119082B3-FE5A-4D0E-8C1F-7DF070AB9E61.jpeg
    119082B3-FE5A-4D0E-8C1F-7DF070AB9E61.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 25
I would just get something like this. It's inexpensive but very flexible for what you're trying to do.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Mix5--mackie-mix5-5-channel-compact-mixer

From the Wiki:

"The FM3 supports USB 2.0 to connect the unit to a computer, to run software editors and Fractal-Bot. It also support USB Audio and direct connection to iOS devices.

iOS: The FM3 supports direct connection to iOS devices, using Apple's Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter. This lets you run apps (such as BandHelper and Set List Maker) on a mobile device without requiring an additional MIDI-to-USB interface. The connection also supports USB Audio between the FM3 and the iOS device."

It's only for FM3-to-computer audio connections and live applications using iOS. For everything else, it appears, you need to use the physical inputs and outputs on the unit.

i have no idea what you mean. Did you have some pictures?

Back
Top Bottom