Using External Controller For Modifiers

adam

Inspired
Hello Fractal Folks,

I'm trying to control parameters in the Axe Fx via a Livid controller, which is hooked up to Ableton. I tried using the Learn function on one of the external controllers in the Axe. It received the CC number, but when I assigned that controller to a parameter, nothing happens. I'm wondering if I need to change something in the global MIDI menu. USB adaptor mode is on.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Double check that Ableton is sending on the correct MIDI channel (Axe II is on channel 1 by default). Also, what CC# did it assign to the controller?

thanks for the response. i tried omni, since i have other things happening. it assigned #17. external controller 2 has the same number, but i tried it anyway. i also tried assigning different numbers to the actual controller.

You wrote you assigned that controller to a parameter. Did you do that the right way?

Go to a certain parameter that has a symbol under it's value and hit enter to enter the control menu for that parameter. There you choose ext ctrl 1 or 2 or wharever you linked the CC# to and then you should already see movements when you change the CC value.

You need to create a midi track with the following settings:
Monitor - In
Midi in - livid device
Midi out - axe FX (or the midi interface you may be running a midi cable from into the axe fx.

Shrink the track in the Ui and save it in your default template

You need to create a midi track with the following settings:
Monitor - In
Midi in - livid device
Midi out - axe FX (or the midi interface you may be running a midi cable from into the axe fx.

Shrink the track in the Ui and save it in your default template
thanks for this!

Back
Top Bottom