Using Different Brands and/or Sizes of FRFR Cabs for Stereo with AX8

vika12

Experienced
I have one 12" FRFR that I've been using with my AX8. I'd like to get a second FRFR for stereo use. Ideally, I'd buy another 12" of the same brand. However, is it possible to get good results by "mixing and matching" FRFR cabs of different brands and/or of different sizes?

Here are some hypothetical examples:

1. Atomic CLR 12" with Headrush 12"

2. Atomic CLR 12" with Headrush 8"

3. QSC 12" with Atomic CLR 12"

4. QSC 8" with Atomic CLR 12"

Thanks!

Last edited:
I had fun playing around with a Xitone passive wedge and an AccuGroove Latte passive.

They both sound similar but not identical, and in that case it was a good thing. The sound was overall a little nicer than running 2 of the same.

I had fun playing around with a Xitone passive wedge and an AccuGroove Latte passive.

They both sound similar but not identical, and in that case it was a good thing. The sound was overall a little nicer than running 2 of the same.

Interesting. Were they both 12"?

I'm curious about this issue because I've heard some say that different brands and/or size speakers can produce weird artifacts, etc. I really have no idea

Because I started this thread, I feel obliged to report that after debating whether or not to sell my AX8 for a while, I did just sell it. I was able to sell it for more than I paid for it and I do believe that the FM3 will be as good or better than the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom