Using Boss FS-6

ny10547

Hi All;
I am trying to set up my GC Pro and an FS-6. I want to use all the buttons on the GCP to control effects so I am trying to use the FS-6 for tap tempo and tuner. My question is how to plug the FS-6 in. On the FS there is an A a B and a A/B plug. Can I use the A/B plug and send the other end to Pedal 1 input on the Axe? The problem I see it setting the Pedal on to momentary or latching on the Axe. For Tuner I think I would need latching and for tap tempo I would need momentary right? If that is the case then I would probably have to connect the A switch to Pedal 1 and the B switch to Pedal 2 yes? If I can use the combined A/B plug, what would I set the Axe Pedal 1 input to? I hope I am making this clear what my question is.
Also, I have having a heck of a time getting my volume and wah pedals that are connected into the back of the GCP to work. I have them set up correctly on the GCP but not sure what I am doing wrong on the Axe. I read about setting them the External but haven't quite figured out how to get them the connect to volume/wah/fx control. Any help would be appreciated. I tried reading through the new and old posts but didn't quite figure things out.
Thanks.
Scott

Well I figured the FS-6 out myself. Turns out that I need to connect the A Switch to Pedal 1 and the B Switch to Pedal 2. The combine input on the FS will work but just not in the manner I am trying to make it. I set the Pedal 1 to Momentary on the Axe and Pedal 2 to Latching. I did the same on the FS since it also has a switch in back to set the Mode. I went to the I/O page and pushed Enter on the tuner selection under the CTRL section and toggled Switch B on the FS and the Axe learned it. Did the same procedure on the A switch except I set it for Tap Temp. Now the unit works perfect.
Now if I could figure out my volume pedal probs I am all set.

Back
Top Bottom