Using Axe III for live gigs

I have just plunged in to Fractal world with the III. Trying to figure out how it works with my current board that includes Es-8 control, Eventide H9 for effects and my distortion pedals, wah etc. Any tips or help appreciated. I assume you are using the III as you would any loop with a long MIDI connection?
Start a new thread about the ES8 please.

I've done 4 live gigs with the III & MFC-101 (orig). MFC setup is pretty basic.
IA switches 01-04 = 4 presets (2 clean, 2 heavy). IA-05 is Scene decrement,
IA-10 is Scene Increment. Bank up/down buttons same as with Axe II. Tuner button
also the same. I miss the tuner on the MFC. Now I have to look at the screen to tune.
Also, I can't seem to get the switches working to turn effects on/off,
so I just build them into the scenes and use those instead.
I'm looking forward to the release of the new FC-12, but I couldn't wait to use it live.
Sounds great. It's got some Mojo which to me is more organic than the II.

When I get the FC-12, I'm going to reconfigure the MFC for use with the II and
carry that system as a backup.

Enjoy!

Yeah, as others have said, the MFC 101 works fine with the Axe III. Just programming...
I gigged it a couple nights at a theater in Alabama a couple weeks ago. Worked very well.
Of course, there are things that can't be done without the 2-way communication, yet I also watched a couple videos and did the programming to get the things I needed for shows all set up (preset changes, scene changes, IA switches).
Last weekend I had fly in shows in WV and Ohio, so I used my AX8 for ease of travel.

Really looking forward to the Fractal foot controllers and using the Axe III more.

Back
Top Bottom