Using Axe III for live gigs

How are you with mc6 and axe III? I want to buy it for live use but I have no feedback about them together. Is also possible use modifier and tuner?
what does "modifier" mean?

i haven't tried the Tuner option. i don't want to run 2 MIDI cables, and i just look at the Axe-Fx screen.

You'll love it, the flexibility is awesome. I used the AX8 after selling my XL+ to get the III, and it sounded great too. But I have to say I am really enjoying having a full sized controller and more CPU than I've even come close to maxing out with the III. I've done 3 or 4 gigs with mine now, using the RJM Mastermind GT/22 controller, and it is all good. No bugs or issues of any kind.

You'll love it, the flexibility is awesome. I used the AX8 after selling my XL+ to get the III, and it sounded great too. But I have to say I am really enjoying having a full sized controller and more CPU than I've even come close to maxing out with the III. I've done 3 or 4 gigs with mine now, using the RJM Mastermind GT/22 controller, and it is all good. No bugs or issues of any kind.
Thanks. I can’t wait to get mine.

Been using it live with my MFC MkIII since I got it on 4/7. I purchased MFC Edit so I could have everything a bit more visual for setting it up, but it was pretty easy to get up and running. I just kept the same CC's from the IIXL so there wasn't much to worry about. I'm on the wait list for the FC12, but I'm working on fully automating one of my band's shows, and the other band I just need to control scenes, so I might pass when my name comes up...or not cuz I'm really interested to see how they work together.

Gigged the axe III last Saturday night, sounded amazing I highly recommend working on your core patches with your rig at rehearsal volume prior; the problem for me was the foot controller's (Roland FC-300) built in exp petal as the auto engage wah was miss behaving. Totally looking forward to the FC-12.

I have about 10 shows under my belt with the III and a Boss ES-8 for midi control and so far, it’s been rock solid. And def a slight improvement in tone compared to my II. Which I still have in a rack with the III as a backup. You won’t be disappointed.
I have just plunged in to Fractal world with the III. Trying to figure out how it works with my current board that includes Es-8 control, Eventide H9 for effects and my distortion pedals, wah etc. Any tips or help appreciated. I assume you are using the III as you would any loop with a long MIDI connection?

Back
Top Bottom