using axe II to control preset changes for show this weekend. suddenly not working?

adildo

Inspired
Ive just setup Logic to control the preset changes on the Axefx II just now. was really excited and everything was working fine. until about a moment ago.
did not touch anything and it just stopped working? is there anything I can do to fix this?

another thing is i need to have the axe program the wah parts as I am a bit far from my wah during the performance. heard that this is possible too? thanks!

Last edited:
the axe fx only receives the signal that is sent to it, so my guess would be the trouble is with logic(or the automation you have programed in logic) ! as for the wawah in the axe you can set up different types of modifiers to controll things such as wahwa but the axe can not program them.

The best solution to most computers problems is turn it off, wait ten seconds, turn back on.

I have heard of Logic choking up like this. The permanent solution in that case was switching to an external USB->MIDI Interface.

To operate the WAH, just use CC#16 (EXT1) automation data on your MIDI track.

I have heard of Logic choking up like this. The permanent solution in that case was switching to an external USB->MIDI Interface.

To operate the WAH, just use CC#16 (EXT1) automation data on your MIDI track.

hi thanks for the reply. yes i think it was logic.! tried to solve it yesterday.. i am now using an audio interface for the backing track/click for drummer in one usb port. and using

the second usb port for my axefx just to send the midi. practiced for 2 hours yesterday without any issues.

btw with the wah wah CC#16. it is a "control" in the event list ? does that mean i play along with the track and it will record the data? wasnt sure from your post

thanks for the reply

That's right: CC#16 will be a controller in the event list. You can play along and record foot controller data if you use the Axe-Fx with USB ADAPTER mode turned ON.

That's right: CC#16 will be a controller in the event list. You can play along and record foot controller data if you use the Axe-Fx with USB ADAPTER mode turned ON.

have tried recording with usb adapter mode on. it records all the info in the midi track. the problem is that when is tart playing, there is no wah wah sound. did i miss something?

Back
Top Bottom