Using Axe-II in projects with 44.1kHz instrument samples

IMO, home mixing is coming into its own as mixing in the box really becomes as warm and open as analog mixing. But, in my case, I spent some $$ on room treatments and have a minor few really nice analog front ends too.

Also, IMO, home mastering is a tougher nut to crack. Professional high quality mastering, IMO, requires a major investment in room design / construction and a major investment in equipment too. On top of that, a lot of practical knowledge about mastering. And then, just the ears to hear where the problems are to correct them and then ears / knowledge of how to ehance the tracks too, to add the fairy dust... as they say :)

Richard

In the professional world we have the option of just throwing money at it and telling it to work right. In the home studio we have to plan a lot more thoroughly IMHO.

There's a bit of humor in there, but some truth in there.

Nothing wrong with learning about mastering even if you never produce professional product.

Its fun for me to learn the craft (in addition to performing as a musician).

But if you are expecting A list results, there is a reality there too :)

I can get really really really good mixes with no mastering. But they wouldn't be a grammy winning track or anything. But home studios can crank out solid stuff no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom