Using Axe-FX as FX processor to add FX on recorded tracks?

SpyCam

OK, so if i already have dry guitars recorded, what do i do, to add all the FX i'm used to when playing live?
I believe Axe-FX is much better than many software plugins, so i really want to use it as a studio hardware FX processor to add real hardware FX.

So, could you advice me how would i route the cables from my audio interface analog in/out to/from Axe-FX? And maybe you also know what then to do to be able to apply the FX on the guitar (or vocal or anything else) in Cubase 5?

Thanks in advance

Cubase users could probably answer this easily. I do know you have to go out (from Soundcard) to the axe and from the axe back into the sound card. The rest is up to your DAW. I have Sonar 8.5(Cakewalk). It's simple in Sonar, there is an external hardware plug in to help.. But I am sure it is just as simple in Cubase. If you google "using hardware fx with cubase" i have to believe you will get a million hits.
Good luck.

Press F4, go to the external FX - panel and add external fx

Choose the ins and outs you want to use for the axe.

When everything is plugged in you will find it in the plugin-menu under steinberg -> external plug-ins

I usually put it on a FX-track. I then create a new audiotrack and choose the fx-track as the source.
When I've got the sound I want I'll just record the fx-track (and note the preset-name in case I want to tweak it more later)

Back
Top Bottom