Using AXE FX 2 Live - with 2 separate outputs - tube power amp and FOH

I think not. There are wish threads that ask to have amp/cab/power amp things turn-offable per output 1 or 2 separately, but that's not how it is designed currently.

It may seem like a lot of work, but that's only if you want to audition all the presets. Of course you'd have to add a Fx loop to each one, but how many actual presets will you use?

Set the global settings for FRFR or guitar cab, whatever you use right now, and audition everything. Pick your favorites and build your patches. I only have 5-10 and adding an fx loop to those 10 really wouldn't be too hard.

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for all the valuable feedback and replies. It has helped me immensely!

I have learned that the CAB (spkr sim) can be turned on or off within the fx grid, and by adjusting the Mains Impedance (SAG) in the AMP block (all the way clockwise) it will allow me to defeat the power amp simulation so I can use this just as a pre-amp to drive external power amp!! So I don't need to touch the global settings..

I use a tube amp for monitor at church and go direct for the house. Go into the effects loop to bypass the amp preampand adjust the eq can get the sound pretty close to the live mix. Obviously the amp has to be similar in tone to the patch (fender does not work for metal!)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

One of my reasons for wanting to add an FX out (exiting the main row before the cab block) to go into a cab, is for that real cab sound. I would still like the FRFR sound onstage but blended with the natural real cab sound. I'm not at a place where I can afford great tube amps right now, but I do think that to go with FRFR, natural cabs are a nice texture that could be a good addition to the sound palette. So I'm thinking towards 2 stereo power amps I guess, and stereo FRFR type speakers, plus one or two guitar cabs of some sort. Are there many people doing this specifically, using FRFR from the main out, and the FX out to guitar power amp/guitar cab, and are there right and wrong or good and bad ways to do it?

It's amazing how you can go in and tweak the settings in the power amp section of the (AMP) block, in particular the power tube bias adj, along with the (Cab) block on/off, and with a separate loop out to Out 2 to really dial in a nice independent stage and FOH sound!

Back
Top Bottom