Using an EHX Superego with the AX-8

Beexter

Inspired
Hi Everyone, first time poster here. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on an AX-8 but have a question.

Does anyone use the AX-8 in combination with an EHX Superego? How do you rig it up?

The Superego has it's own internal effects loop, enabling you to freeze chords and apply effects ONLY to the "wet" signal. I currently have a Zoom MS 100BT and an EHX Pitchfork in the loop of the Superego and can get some beautiful pad sounds that I can play over with an alternative sound but would like to "eliminate" those extra pedals and utilise the capabilities of the AX-8.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone using a Superego with the AX-8 - how are you doing it?

Alternatively, is the AX-8 capable of achieving the same effect as the Superego - ie. freeze a chord indefinately, apply effects to the frozen chord whilst leaving the "dry" signal unaffected and then morphing slowly from one chord to another?

I do this with the AX8 using the hold function on the reverb. I set reverb fairly wet and use either with or without a volume pedal for swells. The hold freezes the chord and then you can play over it with any FX you want like a delay for instance. I use a Boss FS-5U in latch mode as an expression pedal for freezing the chord.

You can also use the AX8 with external pedals using the FX loop block. I am currently running a couple Strymons which gives even more options.

Back
Top Bottom