Using an AxeFX2 to change Mesa Simul Class 2:90 voicings

Crabzilla

Hi to the group, curious who if anyone else is using Mesa Boogies Simul Class 2:90 power amp with their Axe FX? If so can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the Axe to change the amps voicing's? The amp has 8 voices consisting of deep, modern, half drive and any combination of these 3. Normal switching is done with my Tri Axis however being I'd like to use my Axe to do this if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

The Axe II does not have switching relays built in. You'll need a MIDI controlled relay switcher for that.

I also have a Mesa 90:2, but not using any voicing. However I was considering a Voodoo Lac Control Switcher for that. Any thoughts on this?
I was trying to find an used one for sale nearby, so I could test first. My plan was to program my MFC101 to send a midi command to it when needed.
Would be possible to program the same switch to change the scene and a midi command to a different channel (to Control Switcher)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@naka2112, it looks even better than the voodoo control switcher.
Do you control from a MFC101? Did you try by any chance to combine firing a scene and the amp switch with one single mfc button action?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a voodoo lab gcx for switching my previous rig. The benefits was that the 8 loops you get also operate as relay switches. It was pretty awesome to switch everything + having some loops for other devices like pedals :) I am currently selling mine.
@robertolopes: I don't think you are from Germany, but If you are, you can stop by anytime and test it.

I used to run a 2:90 with my AxeII, however switching it with the II or MFC is not possible so I had a custom EXT4MFC where the switches I used are standard ON/OFF instead of momentary so 2 of 4 switches where DEEP and MODERN.
I didn’t use HALF at all, always full, also @ home.
Tip – engaging DEEP does not boost the lows, it's actually "release them". When DEEP is not engaged there is some kind of low cut.
In personally if I had to use the 2:90 again, I would have run it with DEEP engaged all the time.
I would surely use only one switch for MODERN on/off, the rest is "nice to have".
IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom