Using an Axe-Fx III with my Fender Twin for effects?

I am surprised that no one else mentioned you can hook up your Axe III to both studio monitor and your Twin Reverb with different output and presets.
1. Guitar to input1 of Axe III
2. Axe III output 1 to studio monitor.
3. Axe III output 2 to Twin Reverb.

Then all you need is use different patches when playing with either monitor or amp, this is exactly what I do.
This... Just set up a parallel signal chain with whatever effects you want, but probably no amps or cabs, with an output straight into your Twin. You can then have one, both or either, and you don't even have to plug in or unplug after you have done it once, just set some presets/scenes up that mute bypass anything you don't want. Never tried an H9, but buying an effects unit when I have an Axe FX III would seem weird to me. There are no limits beyond my own imagination.

Liam

I'm glad people were able to help OP out, but I had a good laugh at the title of the post and pleading at the end for Cliff to not ban him :laughing:
OP, what sound effects are you hoping to achieve through another pedal?
Nothing in particular, but it sure has a bunch or really different effects. It would just be another toy.

I am surprised that no one else mentioned you can hook up your Axe III to both studio monitor and your Twin Reverb with different output and presets.

Then all you need is use different patches when playing with either monitor or amp, this is exactly what I do.
What type of a cable would I use from the AXE Output Two to my AMP? XLR to a 1/4 inch jack. Sorry for being a dumbass.

Last edited:

So I would use the 1/4" outputs when connecting to the amp? Do I need Humbuster cables?

OK. After looking t all the pluses and minuses, I'll probably just stick with my AXE FX III. Mark AI gave me the best advice to just use a different output on my AXE for my Fender Amp. Tried it and it works fine. But now I am wondering if I should buy the FM3 and just leave it attached to the Fender Twin. Yeah, I know its probably redundant, but I like the idea of not having to switch outputs, cords, etc. Am I being too much of a pussy about this? Would I gain any advantage with an FM? Any features I don't already have on my FX III? I am just a basement player. I don't do gigs. Just trying to find the best setup with ease of use being the primary driver, and also getting the most effects I can. I appreciate everyone's patience, and help in not getting banned. :D

There's someone who has a mark V, 6505(?), Kemper, III and FM3 in his studio.

The only thing stopping you is money and space to store stuff. If you think having an FM3/twin setup would be beneficial, go for it. Not like people aren't buying up FM3's on the used market if you decide to move it on later.

Back
Top Bottom