Using an additional Midi pedal?

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
I have a 5-button midi pedal that came w/ one of my amps. Is there any way to be able to use it to control extra fx blocks or functions, either by plugging into the Midi In port on the MFC, or into the AFX? The pedal isn't programmable in any way I can see - in other words, it's a dedicated pedal for that amp and isn't anything like an FCB1010 or whatever. I wouldn't even know how to determine what midi commands/CC#s it sends, other than by doing trial and error, and changing CC#s in the Axe to the functions I wanted if it worked.

I can't find anything in the manuals and don't think it would work, but thought it was worth asking. I already use Boss FS5 and FS6 as Ext Switches, so it's not like I need anything else, but it'd be great to be able to add a compact pedal like this. For example, it'd be a cool way to have scenes or the looper always available w/out having to use Reveal.

Thx!

Axe MIDI In can also be used while an MFC is connected via MFC/FASlink port.

What's the model of your amp/pedal? If you haven't looked into it yet, make sure it's actually a MIDI controller and not something proprietary that happens to use a MIDI cable.

That's a good point Bakerman. It goes with a Bolt 4x10 amp and you may be right... I don't think that amp has MIDI switching. Is there any way I can determine if it is MIDI? Connect to the Axe and see what happens? (I'd rather not do that if there's any risk of fubar) Connect to my MIDI keyboard?

I connect MFC > Axe w/ a 7-pin MIDI cable... it sounds like I'd have to go back to Cat5 to make it work anyway. I switched because the Cat5 was giving Timeout Error in Axe mode. So bottom line, it's probably going to hang out with the amp in my closet ;-)

Back
Top Bottom