[USING A SEQUENCER / DAW TO CHANGE PRESETS] - Has anyone done this?

Has anyone attempted to use a Sequencer / DAW to change presets. I'd actually love to do this. Do you need any extra program, like Bome's MIDI Translator?
I use Ableton Live 6.01 myself.

Last edited:
Has anyone attempted to use a Sequencer / DAW to change presets. I'd actually love to do this. Do you need any extra program, like Bome's MIDI Translator?
I use Ableton Live 6.01 myself.

insert clip -> set bank and program number on the left side of the window that appears at the bottom of the screen when you select the inserted clip

Anyone else? I'd like to have this running by Friday. We've got a gig in a local bar and we're a 6 piece band that doesn't fit their stage, haha. I'd like to keep the equipment to a minimum.

You mean, in Ableton? Could you be a little more specific? I'm not getting it.

yes, in ableton.

insert a MIDI clip in a MIDI track.

select the clip and the clip view at the bottom of the screen will open, unless you minimized it before. then you can get to the clip view by clicking on the box in the lower right corner (left from the track name)

in the clip view, all the way left there are two boxes, one titled 'clip' and one titled 'notes'

in 'notes' you can select/specify bank, sub bank and program.

The MIDI track sending this program change has to be routed to the MIDI Out communicating with the Axe-Fx, of course. :)

yes, in ableton.

insert a MIDI clip in a MIDI track.

select the clip and the clip view at the bottom of the screen will open, unless you minimized it before. then you can get to the clip view by clicking on the box in the lower right corner (left from the track name)

in the clip view, all the way left there are two boxes, one titled 'clip' and one titled 'notes'

in 'notes' you can select/specify bank, sub bank and program.

The MIDI track sending this program change has to be routed to the MIDI Out communicating with the Axe-Fx, of course. :)
I see! Thanks for this. I'll give it a bash tomorrow.

Well, I now made Ableton live talk to the G-System and that works fine. So, naturally, I wanted to hook up the MIDI out of the G-System to the Axe, but that doesn't seem to work. The G-System switches presets for itself, but doesn't for the Axe ... ONLY when I physically change presets with my foot on the G-System ...
Weird!

All I can think of is to make Ableton talk to the G-System AND Axe-Fx on separate channels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom