Using a power switch for my rig...

JeffNeiman

Hey all,

I understand Cliff has weighed in on the discussion of wether it's ok to use a power switch to cut/engage power to the AxeFx, but I'm just a little concerned running both my FRFR monitor and Ax8 using the same procedure.

My gut tells me it's totally fine to use a power strip switch (with a surge protector) to power up my whole rig, but I'm curious to know what others think. I just want to be a responsible owner, lol.

Anyone else do this?

It would probably be best to take a close look at your FRFR manual or instructions, as well as any other gear, regarding power on and off procedures. Lots of guys may do something and get away with it. Personally, I'll use what the manufacturer suggests over anyone else's experience.

I have had two power modules go bad on two different FRFR monitors from top brands, so I think they are pretty sensitive. I always power up by plugging in guitar first, turning on AX8, then turning on the monitor AFTER the Ax8 boots. Shutting down is opposite. If you power up from a strip, I think you will get a pop on your monitor because it will go on before the AX8 finishes booting.

Reactions: RLD
You should listen to Cliff when it concerns the Ax8, and listen to the designer of your FrFR speaker for that particular product.

Back
Top Bottom