Using a Bass amp with the axe fx.

Now this is a thought ive been pondering on for a while now. I have been doing alot of shopping around for a power amp for my rack to use live.
There are pleanty of good amps out there for the rack but having just moved house and being on a budget makes it difficult for me to make a choice and spalsh the cash.

Now onto the main question.

What would using a Bass rack amp do to the tone of the axe fx, would it seriously effect the transparancy of the signal?

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Ba ... p-Head/ANF

That is the amp ive been mainly looking at, it has an effects loop which would allow me to bypass the preamp to avoid as much colouring as possible. Do bass amps amplify signals differently to guitar amps? or are the power sections essentially the same. Really interested in what people have to say about this. :)

Bump, im interested in what people have to say as if its a viable option I will probably get that head. If not i will probably get a rocktron velocity 300.

Hi there

I use the axe fx ultra,with my Markbass little mark 2
and i use the comp,chorus,tuner,drive (fuzz)

Plug Guitar into the ultra,and output 1,into the markbass. Easy! And it sounds good

Behringer... please don`t ! he he

Get the Markbass Little mark III. My 2 cent`s ;)

Our you need just a poweramp?? hmm. To use with guitar?

Haha well i used to use the bugera 6262 for my live stuff and i was really happy with that, bugera is the best thing to have happend to behringer :p, was just missing some definition for my genre of music so i decided to get the 'miracle in a box' FX and used it in this signal chain....

Guitar -> Axe FX -> Output one into Amp FX return -> Cab

I was in love with the tone i got from that, was just fed up of having to lug around a guitar amp head + my rack with the axe. So i am mainly looking for something to be used as a power amp. With that bass head i would follow the same signal chain as above so i would never really use the preamp.

The only reason im considering that specific amp is because it is such a good price and from my experience with bugera I was not dissapointed or felt i was sacrificing quailty for the low price tag. So if i was to just use the power section of the bass head would it amplify the guitar just as if i was to use the rocktron velocity 300 (no significant difference in coloration)?

I just wish i didnt have a budget of £300, if i could get a Carvin Ts100 in england for that much i would get it instantly.

Back
Top Bottom