using 2 amps in preset - sampling rate change ?

mongey

Inspired
Heya

so next week I am actually going to get to try my xl with the band , just going to DI into the PA at the studio and give it a go .Had a heavily preganant wife when I got it last year and now the baby is settling down so I can play some music again with others

I am setting up a few presets to use and weighing up using x/y vs 2 amps for clean and dirt switching in a preset

X/Y works pretty well but there is that slight stutter in sound over switching between bypassed amps

I remember reading in the manual that when adding a 2nd amp the quality of the sampling drops a little. anyone know exactly what goes on there and how much difference there is ?

I cant hear much of a difference at home studio level but maybe at high volume I will notice more ?

if the audience never heard the single amp block vs 2 amp blocks, then it doesn't matter :)

it sounds great either way.

the high res mode was added in 3.03. here's the note:

Amp block now has high-res mode. In this mode the internal sampling rate is doubled so as to provide greater fidelity and resistance to aliasing. This mode is automatic and is selected whenever there is only amp block in the layout grid. Adding a second amp block will revert to normal resolution. Note that switching between presets with differing number of amp blocks may introduce an additional delay as a “soft reset” of the amp blocks must be done whenever changing the resolution.

Firmware 3.03 Release Notes - Axe-Fx II | AxeFxTutorials.com

Back
Top Bottom