USER IR Captures for Effect Blocks

indeloon85

Inspired
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any forum or link that someone can guide me to on how to make your own user IR Captures for effect blocks (ie Overdrive, delay, reverb, etc). I know how to do it for a cabinet and curious how much different it is from that. Is there anything to be done to not have it be a Cab Block, but an effect block instead? Thanks!

The only BLK I know of is a file extension... .blk

File description
BLK file extension, developed by Autodesk AutoCAD, is basically a template for users of Mac OS X and Windows operating systems. Parts of files stored in BLK format are in the form of CAD drawing which are helpful in publishing drawings as PDF or DWG.

The files also help in managing information which is published to any of the sharable files and therefore, they facilitate in controlling the distribution of data. BLK file extension is a utility that enables users to store certain image components which are intended to be published in DWFX, PDF or DWF formats. All in all, BLK is a beneficial 3D and 2D application that can be easily created by Attribute Extraction wizard or Block Template dialog box.

i think he means creating an impulse response to capture the sound of a pedal. i see where people have captured acoustic guitars. no idea how effective this would be but you could make an IR of a pedal, load it into a cab block and put that ahead of the amp block, no? Or possibly he has confused the effect blocks people post in some threads with IR's. Those are just effect blocks configured to sound like a certain pedal and have nothing to do with impulse responses.

Impulse Responses (in the Axe) are only for eq. It us not for time based effects like reverb and delay. Flanger, chorus and I think even phaser are all time based, and other things like pitch and rotary... Yes, forget about it. IRs capture tone. As far as pedals go, about the only one you could catch with its method is a drive pedal - get as close as you can and do a tone match (see the wiki for how to do that).

So how to users make copies of well known effects? By using their ears and knowing what the parameters do (see the Wiki again for lots of good tips) and sharing tips here. Try searching the Forum.

Yes, User Blk’s are just saved configuration of blocks. So when you’ve dialled in you favourite chorus, you can save that as a blk file and save for later or distribute. This has nothing to do with IR’s adding creating custom (i.e. non-existing) effects to the Axe Fx.

Back
Top Bottom