Used my AxeFX II / Atomic CLR for the first time playing out and....

Deaj

Experienced
...It went very well! :)

This was at a local blues jam. I played a 45 minute set with a Super/Pro Reverb (Super Reverb, set at the verge of breakup, with the Pro Reverb 2x12 cab mix IR) patch I built and tested at full volume earlier today. This was a simple preset (amp>cab>reverb). It sounded great and worked as expected - just like a great sounding Pro Reverb. I used just a tiny splash of reverb. The amps sparkle kept the patch from sounding dry. It was a great experience!

I then let another player use my rig for the next set. We set it to the 59 Bassguy factory preset (a model of the amp he usually brings with him to this jam, set the output level, and that was it. This gave me an opportunity to hear this rig from different points in the room. It sounded fantastic!! It sounded like.... his amp! :) He was quite impressed with the AxeFX II. He'd heard of it and had read some basic info but had never had occasion to play through one. He came away duly impressed!

The AxeFX II continues to amaze me. It's just great to be able to quickly dial in a model preset of an amp that has worked well for in the past and just play using the pickup selector, guitar volume, and guitar tone. When done it's like having that amp there, warmed up, and ready to go. Nice! :) Oh - and the Atomic CLR does a fantastic job of amplifying the AxeFX's output for live use as a backline amp - I'm really diggin' the CLR!

Just thought I'd share a bit of my excitement and extend my thanks once again to Cliff and the FAS staff. Best guitar related purchase I've ever made. :)

I love reading stories like these! Thanks now I have to play that model. :eagerness:

And that is where I am at. As much as I enjoy technical info and messing with equipment, more so do I love when gear disappears and music happens. It is to the credit of Factal that they have offered us a tool that can be completely transparent to the process of music-making. I look forward to playing the Atomic CLR.

Back
Top Bottom