Use regular wah still or axe fx's? Why?

Axe all day long.
Why? - I can tweek the parameters and create the wah sweep/response exactly the way I've always wanted.
I've never found a regular wah pedal that sounded exactly how I wanted....but with the axe, it took me ten minutes to create.

Not to mention I can now use the expression pedal for a million other things.
Love the axe wah!

AXe2, because it does everything my other wah's have done-and I dont need extra cables between my guitar and amp to do it-which is even more important now that i have a GR55 in the mix for specials(viol/piano/flute/B3 etc). I love the auto-on like my morley had, and mission pedals look cool. I use a red spring one with my MFC on my main rig, and a white non-spring one with my all-access on the B rig. Last reason-it's optional. I only break out wah on a few songs and if those songs aren't on the set list one night-I dont even hook it up-it's easy to exclude/leave in the car.

Axe.

Sound: You can tweak it to sound just like or better than pretty much any wah you can think of. Also when it's off it's about as true-bypass as it gets.

Utility: No additional cables, which means a shorter signal path and fewer potential points of failure, and no need for powering another component in your rig.

Personally, for me it's kind of a no-brainer.

I'm kind off in between... still think that Dunlop Custom Rack Wah got more range and sounds more "juicy" and the sweep range is kind off more natural. I dont really like Volume drop in axe fx... its really noticeable when wah is on from autoengage all that regards to V.7.xx I havent tried it recently maybe all have changed.

Axe for Sure. I have a cupboard full of wahs.....OK 3, all Cry babys and the Axe wah right out of the gate is better IMO. I havent even started to tweek it yet either. Although, I havent done a side by side. Theres something for me to do today. Sounds like a good rainy/snowy day project!!

Regular. Because I don't have an MFC or other controller. Also, I'm really used to the switchless Bad Horsie.

AXE... because it sounds great and I can put it in front or behind the speaker cab. Also, I can dial in any type of response i want. Plus, it's just sounds better. I use mine with a Liquid Foot Jr+ and a simple Boss volume pedal. I'll probably get a Mission pedal eventually however.

My self modded Gen. 1 CFH purely because it works well with insanely thick fuzz and I've not yet had the time to recreate it in the Axe. I will get around to it though!

Axe Fx II! First time I've ever been able to get a wah to sound like I wanted it to (but I never tried the Dunlop Rack Wah). Also, I can move it around in the effects chain from preset to preset.

I use the Axe for ease but prefer my Fulltone Clyde.

This is a parameter that should built in types like amp types. Also since many use the Mission a counting for that souls be nice as well.

I use the Axe wah. I'm no wah connoisseur but I do like the way that I can adjust the taper to get the sweet spot where I want it relative to the pedal throw. I'll also play a bit with the formant for a less-traditional wah effect.

As to what I use with my setup been pretty much sticking with the Axe Fx wah, I like the ability to have a different wah with whatever preset.

I use a Dunlop Rack Wah DCR-1SR in front of the axeII it is just the best wah ever.
I have a DCR-1SR also, great wah however: do yourself a BIG favor and replace the inductor with a red Fasel inductor. It will sound allot better much more like those classic Dunlop wah’s. And it will sound pretty much identical to a DCR-2SR minus the “Q” control. Very easy mod if you are handy with the soldering iron
Dunlop Red Fasel inductor for Dunlop Crybaby wah [EFF-D-FL-02R] - $13.95 : NewOldSounds.com

Also, I'm really used to the switchless Bad Horsie.
You can set up an expression pedal to do the same thing.

With future updates I would love something to be added/worked on in the wah section. Lacking compared to the other areas of the Axe Fx. Some model types and easier setup would be awesome.

I'm kind off in between... still think that Dunlop Custom Rack Wah got more range and sounds more "juicy" and the sweep range is kind off more natural. I dont really like Volume drop in axe fx... its really noticeable when wah is on from autoengage all that regards to V.7.xx I havent tried it recently maybe all have changed.

try this: set the input Z to 1M instead of auto. worked for me

Back
Top Bottom