Use a UA 610 MKII as Preamp, Ultra for Reamping. Suggestions

11&2

Hi,

like the title says I am thinking about purchasing a Universal Audio 610 MKII for recording Instruments (bass/guitar) and of course micd signals.

Is it a good idea to use the UA610 Hi-z for recording the raw instrument and then "reamp" the signal in the Axe-FX Ultra?

How do you manage to reamp with the Axe? Is the UA 610 a good purchase in general?

Greetings, me

11&2 said:
Hi,

like the title says I am thinking about purchasing a Universal Audio 610 MKII for recording Instruments (bass/guitar) and of course micd signals.

Is it a good idea to use the UA610 Hi-z for recording the raw instrument and then "reamp" the signal in the Axe-FX Ultra?

How do you manage to reamp with the Axe? Is the UA 610 a good purchase in general?

Greetings, me

The 610 has a ton of character, maybe too much to print on an initial pass. Your ears will be the judge.

If you're following traditional signal path, you route the Axe output through the mic pre regardless of if you're tracking live or re-amping.

If you lay down a track through the pre first, that will affect tonal decisions you make on the Axe. The pre will also react differently to the different signal types. Subtle but it is there.

Regardless of all this, UA makes amazing gear.

Robert

Back
Top Bottom