USB with Mac not working after latest update. (Mountain Lion OS)

Darren N

Hey,

I have a IMac and with the latest Mountain Lion release. Everything was working fine, but Axe-edit has been buggy for a month...So....I decided to update everything.

I installed the latest USB drivers and now it fails to recognize the AXE FX2 in Logic Pro 9.

It still sees the device and recognizes it via Axe-edit. But the sound is gone.

I will reinstall the driver again and follow-up to this, but I'm getting very concerned.

Thanks!

Darren N

A quick follow up....

I reinstalled the drivers and rechecked axe-edit. The sound was working this time.

As for the Logic Pro issue, for some reason the Axe Fx was deselected and had to be reselected.

So, either this was a false alarm or a simple misstep. Perhaps all on my side.

Whew! :)

Probably Logic lost its previous connection to the old drivers, and doesn't detect the new ones. Computers lack that human quality of figuring it out.

and it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who believe they should!
Yes indeed. And sometimes the worst offenders are project managers, in IT companies who open with, " I am not technical but ... Insert flawed logic...what do you mean it can't do that ?"

I'm not exactly sure where you guys are going with this...

If anyone else has a Mac and Logic, like I do, this might be helpful for them to see.

Yes useful information for people.

The other bits were more Observations on computers and the industry not at the post itself.

Hi Guys,

I have this same problem - albeit mine is even more fundamnetal - the Axe II will not connect to the iMac with USB - Axe-Edit keeps crashing ?? Help!!! I have the latest drivers and the latest Axe-edit - Axe FXII is on 6.02 ....

Hi,
same problem here. I'm on OS X SL 10.6.8. Updated with new USB driver, Axe-Edit 1.1.317 and firmware 7.00. Since the update of the driver, Axe-Edit doesn't get the Axe signal, crashes when I select "Settings/midi settings" or "Quit Axe-Edit". Can't fix it even after reinstalling all the software (even with older versions). What's happening ?

Help. Same problem with Axe EDIT NOT SEEING THE Axe FX - Version 9 Beta running on OSX 10.6.8. Axe Edit was working on prior firmware without an issue (besides the usual ones0. I DOWNLOADED LATEST USB DRIVER AND STILL AXE EDIT WON'T FIND THE AXE-FX II. Any ideas?

Help. Same problem with Axe EDIT NOT SEEING THE Axe FX - Version 9 Beta running on OSX 10.6.8. Axe Edit was working on prior firmware without an issue (besides the usual ones0. I DOWNLOADED LATEST USB DRIVER AND STILL AXE EDIT WON'T FIND THE AXE-FX II. Any ideas?

Version 9 Beta is not compatible with the currently available Axe edit.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-edit-general-discussion/58284-official-axe-edit-update-thread.html

Check the last post of the above thread, till the new one is released do not use Axe Edit, or downgrade the firmware.

I understood that if wasn't compatible for "editing" purposes, but you could still use it to load firmware or transfer preset patches. Thanks for the clarification.

I haven't attempted to use it on 9 beta, and I updated to it with Midi Ox, snoize would be similar for the Mac. You can use those for presets too. There is a thread I think called living without Axe edit with tips and tricks.

Ok I'm using a MacBook running Mountain Lion 10.8.2, Axe Edit 1.1.317, USB Adaptor set to off on the Axe Fx. I was able to upgrade the Firmware to 9.0.. a couple of months ago I had issues connecting and I deleted the preferences file and it cleared it up... Hope this helps....

Could you explain what 'USB Adaptor set to off on the Axe Fx' means? Does this only apply if you do not have the USB cable plugged in? (I ask this only because I've been reading some posts where Cliff mentions also to turn it off, if using Axe-edit to control the Axe will this not turn off the capability to control the Axe?)

Edit: I guess the real question I am asking is... At home I only connect the Axe via USB to my computer and record and control the Axe via USB... and at practice I connect the Axe to a FCB1010 via Midi. What would be the recommended setting for my setup?

The USB Adaptor Mode is in the I/O Menu on the Axe Fx under the Midi section 13 Clicks down.

Back
Top Bottom