Usb to Midi cable

bluenose

Hi i'd like to update my firmware, can i just use one of these cables or do i need somethink else ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-USB-MIDI-CABL ... 2c55613f1a

UMC1%20(2).JPG

Thank you

It may work..has for some, didn't for me and others..midi sport 2x2 works fine for me. (macbook pro snow leopard 10.6.4)

It almost looks like mine.

I've got this one
Mine's brand is "manhattan" but it looks exactly the same except for the logo
[attachment=0:3jwby1h6]7967953.jpg[/attachment:3jwby1h6]

It works perfectly for me
I wasn't able to update using Axe-Edit on Mac. I used Windows on a laptop with MIDI-ox just to update and got it working by changing the delay to 150ms (Not sure what it's called exactly).
I didn't play around with the settings on Axe-Edit (OSX) so it could be why it didn't work.
I'm using it now all the time with my AFX and Axe-Edit on OSX 10.6.3: Loading presets, editing, etc. :D

Cheers

Attachments

• 7967953.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 239
This worked for me with a line 6 M13 and my macbook running Snow leopard.

This did not work for me with the Axe Fx Ultra. I could sort of send stuff TO the axe (ie. if I loaded a patch in axe edit and pushed it the axe would switch to it) but getting stuff back from the Axe was a mess. Tried sysex librarian too, same problem.

I bought a midi mate 2x2 and midi cables and it is flawless.

I would warrant that ALL the MIDI devices are functional.. but...
Based on what I've read here, and my own experience over the years with MIDI interfaces on computers, some flat out don't work with the Axe. It may be due to all the sysex data being passed back and forth or that today's OS'es are W-A-Y faster than when the MIDI spec was written. REDUCING the MIDI Buffer size and INCREASING the delay time can make many of them work, but not all.

IMHO - I believe it boils down to how much [sysex] MIDI data the Axe can process without choking. I say that 'cus I've not ever had these kinds of issues with other MIDI devices, even when hooking multiple different vendors in-line using MIDI THRU. I've tied Roland, Korg and Yammy together before.. Mapping was a b*tch, but it worked. Most - if not all- of that MIDI data was PC/CC driven, not sysex.
Again, it may simply be due to the huge volumes of Sysex data the Axe uses.

I currently have TWO Midisports... UNO and Anniv 2x2. Despite all the problem written about the UNO on this forum, I have not had issues with it. On the flip side, most of the feedback on the 2x2 is positive on this forum, and I'm experiencing issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom