USB Output Level?

Jazbo

Hello everybody…
I've been using AXE-Fx2 for the past few years and I've always had a problem with the audio level going into Logic via USB…
Its low level and the tone is not quite as fine as the analog outs going into my Apogee converter…
Is there anyway to boost the USB level output? much appreciated…..

Did you try and update the firmware to latest version? now you can set the USB level to 0.0 I think it was default before at -6.9 or something.

hey jazbo ;)

the output from the Axe to Logic via USB is basically "as loud as the preset is." (i think others are commenting on the return/playback from Logic, not the signal being sent TO Logic for recording.)

what i mean is if you look at the VU meters in the Utility screen on the Axe front panel (the older "vertical" meters, not the new horizontal ones) the top of that meter represents the loudest it can go before clipping. you'll get roughly the same amount of signal in the recorded file and visual indication in Logic.

so technically the best/only way to increase level to Logic is to increase the Amp block Output Level, or however you might make that preset louder in general. maybe just bump it up for recording, but don't save it so when you gig that preset, it's where you need it. or maybe save a duplicate preset that's maxed out before clipping - since you won't need to add a boost for a lead like you might when playing live.

18.01 made all the amps even BETTER than the Beta versions btw. definitely have to adjust levels and possibly adjust basic settings, but when you have time, it's WELL worth it. i just happened to load up a Vox amp and it was the PERFECT clean with a bit of grit! i've never ever felt that before!

Thanks Chris..
I will try that..
i would hope to have a future output USB level control for recording a decent level without adjusting the output block…...

Back
Top Bottom