USB Drivers won't work, what I am going to do?

JPMike

Hello All,

I tried installing the USB Drivers of my Axe FX II in my Laptop (Win 7 32 Bit).

I downloaded the drivers, I installed with the Axe FX II connected the first time. It said it failed to install the drivers, then I uninstalled, reboot.

I installed drivers without the Axe Fx connected, It gave me an Error 105 (I think) code, I rebooted. Then I ran setup from the Driver folder, I connected the Axe then it said it failed, and when it was done. It said it installed, and a speaker appeared.

Then I ran Axe Edit, but still it wasn't connected.

I've done a couple of times, with rebooting between installs and uninstalls.

I had no problems with my Ultra, connecting through Midi to USB converter.

I don't really know what to do!! Any help with this? I feel stupid.

Edit: I read a couple of threads and done a few of the things people suggested. :S Do we have to use the USB cable provided? or any USB cable will work?
I think I lost it. :(

Last edited:
Hello All,

I tried installing the USB Drivers of my Axe FX II in my Laptop (Win 7 32 Bit).

I downloaded the drivers, I installed with the Axe FX II connected the first time. It said it failed to install the drivers, then I uninstalled, reboot.

I installed drivers without the Axe Fx connected, It gave me an Error 105 (I think) code, I rebooted. Then I ran setup from the Driver folder, I connected the Axe then it said it failed, and when it was done. It said it installed, and a speaker appeared.

Then I ran Axe Edit, but still it wasn't connected.

I've done a couple of times, with rebooting between installs and uninstalls.

I had no problems with my Ultra, connecting through Midi to USB converter.

I don't really know what to do!! Any help with this? I feel stupid.

Edit: I read a couple of threads and done a few of the things people suggested. :S Do we have to use the USB cable provided? or any USB cable will work?
I think I lost it. :(

Just making sure here - did you select the Axe FX II as the In/Out midi driver in the setup options?

I think not. In the setup options of the Axe Edit??

When Axe Edit is open, look to the top left hand corner:

Click settings -> Midi Settings

Make sure Axe FX Midi In and out are both set to the Axe FX II

Hope that helps!

Try going into your windows device manager, right click the USB driver for the Axe FX, click remove. Then click the "scan for hardware changes" button at the top of the window and it will reinstall it. Do this while the Axe FX is disconnected of course. Rinse and repeat what I said above.

Let us know.

Also click the Test Connection button in the bottom left of the Settings screen in Axe Edit.

What is the 'Status' at the bottom of the settings screen?

Back
Top Bottom