USB Driver Ventura - Dissapearing

I'm using a new Mac Studio and my Axe FX II works well with it. But if I restart my computer I have to re-install the USB driver otherwise my Mac wont see it.

Is there a way to unsintall the driver or fix the Mac forgetting what to do with my beloved Axe FX II?

Cheers.

Tony

I'm not sure this is specific to your problem but I sometimes have to either restart my DAW or force restart Core Audio to get the Axe-Fx II to register properly -- even when the device is visible in Audio MIDI setup. Have you tried these rather than restarting?

My AxeFX II isn't visible in Audio MIDI Setup until I re-install the driver after a reboot. I tried the command line for Core Audio Kill (sudo pkill coreaudiod) with no luck either. I've never encountered this before, it's weird.

I deleted all the drivers and anything else I could find in system files including preferences and I'm still facing the same issue. Maybe I'm just unlucky that this is happening to me?

I have no idea what the issue could be. Watching this space in case you solve it...but...

Have you tried removing the file: Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fractalaudio.axefx2load.plist? or...have you inadvertently changed the status of the FAS launch agent? I use CleanMyMac software and remember having a problem with a different app that wouldn't work until I adjusted that setting.

I feel like it could have something to do with this...but really not certain.

Also, have you tried setting it up on another system or under a different user account on the same system to see if you have the same issues?

Thanks so much for your reply.

That solution worked! removing the Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fractalaudio.axefx2load.plist? file. Re-installing the driver and rebooting. I've rebooted my MacStudio Six times and everything has worked each time, AXE Edit and my DAW - Logic Pro (Touch wood).

Very happy you contributed to this. It's very much appreciated! :)

Tony

I have no idea what the issue could be. Watching this space in case you solve it...but... Have you tried removing the file: Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fractalaudio.axefx2load.plist? or...have you inadvertently changed the status of the FAS launch agent? I use CleanMyMac software and remember having a problem with a different app that wouldn't work until I adjusted that setting. I feel like it could have something to do with this...but really not certain. Also, have you tried setting it up on another system or under a different user account on the same system to see if you have the same issues?

Back
Top Bottom