USB Direct Recording Issue

ssmorga78

Experienced
Ok, I tried for the first time last night to record from Axe 2 using the direct to PC USB cable and recording into Reaper. I get this nasty static when I play the guitar. Is there something that needs to be adjusted in the Axe? I looked to see if the signal was clipping coming into the PC and its still hitting at -12 on the input meter in Reaper. I checked to see if it was clipping coming out of the Axe(looking at the clipping LED) and I saw no signs of clipping nor did I hear any signs of clipping. I would really love for the direct to PC recording to work so that I wouldn't have to break out my interface just to record some quick stuff on my guitar. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Yes, it matches the 48000kHz of the Axe 2. I'm at a complete loss because I thought it would just be a plug and play kind of thing. I have heard numerous USB recordings of the Axe and never seen this as an issue.

Ok, I think I may have figured it out. My patches generally run at about 89-92% CPU usage. Well, when I throw on the USB recording it bumps the CPU usage up to 96-98% which is causing the staticy stuff. I don't have this problem when I swap to a factory patch that uses like 50-60% CPU. SO.....I guess if I want to record then I am going to have to use a lower CPU load patch.

Back
Top Bottom