USB device not recognized

jcalama

Good evening friends:

Just got the high of receiving the Axe FX 3 (been sitting around all day waiting for the UPS guy) and the low of USB device not recognized. I've installed the driver on Windows 10 but FASUSB Audio Control Panel advises me that no devices connected. I installed the driver on a separate laptop that I have (also Windows 10) and same result. I've tried various USB cables. I've updated the driver on the Generic USB hub...so far nothing...any help is appreciated...dying to try Simeon's patches and can't do it until I get this resolved.

Thanks!

I don’t use Windows, but I’m assuming you’ve done full reboots of both the III and your computer. Does Fractal Bot see the III? Axe Edit? What version of firmware are you using? What version of the Bot and editor?

I don’t use Windows, but I’m assuming you’ve done full reboots of both the III and your computer. Does Fractal Bot see the III? Axe Edit? What version of firmware are you using? What version of the Bot and editor?
I have done all of the above. Firmware is 12.09, USB firmware is 1.08. Neither Fractal Bot nor Axe Edit see the III. I presume I am using the latest versions of the Bot and editor as I just d/l them from the website today.

I would visually inspect the USB port for possible damage. I know you tried another computer and cable. But I'd investigate trying other ports on your computer too.

These articles seemed interesting:

https://support.fractalaudio.com/article/29-windows-driver-installation-tips
https://support.fractalaudio.com/article/33-windows-device-manager-housekeeping
I have plugged into every USB port on my desktop and my laptop and nothing works...there is no damage to the USB port that I can see.

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

As you’ve said, you are experiencing USB device not recognized on your Windows PC and want to fix this problem, right? Don’t worry, simply try another USB cable. However, if your USB cable is corrupt or broken then changing it can help you a lot to resolve this issue.

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

As you’ve said, you are experiencing USB device not recognized on your Windows PC and want to fix this problem, right? Don’t worry, simply try another USB cable. However, if your USB cable is corrupt or broken then changing it can help you a lot to resolve this issue.
This issue was resolved over a year ago by using the USB 2.0 port... Not a cable ;)

Last edited:
Anyone had the same problem during thunderstorm season? I'm pretty sure my port is dead or at least malfunctioning and I hope to God it's not the board cause I've heard that's around 500 bucks to fix.. Anyone have any experience? I tried multiple cables, troubleshooting that error on youtube, multiple computers, and they all will not connect to fm3 edit. Help. Thanks in Advance for sharing your experience and recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom