USB audio output clipping after FW 18.01 upgrade

Hey folks, after upgrading to 18.01 last night:

- All my standard volume settings on my iMac result in input audio clipping. This was annoying, but fixed easily enough - just turn the volume down (but I had to turn it WAY down to avoid input clipping).
- My bigger issue is that the output to my studio monitors is clipping badly. I've tried playing around with the "USB return level" setting - it had defaulted to -60dB. I tried various settings, even -6 and 0, but everything is resulting in output clipping. (even tried rebooting the axe after setting this). Input looks fine, no clipping.

I've looked at the release notes for the FW upgrade, and didn't see any specific mention about this.

This was all working fine before the upgrade to 18.01. Any ideas? Seems like the output is now suddenly too hot, but I'm not sure how to fix it.. any help appreciated!

Never mind, figured it out. The "main input source" was set to "USB" for some reason. After I changed it to "Analog (In 1)", everything is fine. I've set the USB return level to 0dB. Hope this helps out others who may have encountered the same issue..

Back
Top Bottom