USB Audio drop outs

Bigtim

Inspired
I'm running my XL+ as an audio interface on a PC running windows 10 and in the last few months I'm getting increasing numbers of audio drop outs (all PC audio drops, the axe main signal keeps going)

Mostly this is a pain when recording or playing along to my DAW (reaper) It happens with both the Fractal and Asio4all drivers (I do run them at just 64 samples to get low latency? could this be it?) That said it will also drop out when youtube or other stuff is playing?

Is this a know issue? anyone else having the problem? I have never had any issues with the AXE crashing or Axe-edit hanging which I think I hear a lot of people complain of.

I'm running my XL+ as an audio interface on a PC running windows 10 and in the last few months I'm getting increasing numbers of audio drop outs (all PC audio drops, the axe main signal keeps going)

Mostly this is a pain when recording or playing along to my DAW (reaper) It happens with both the Fractal and Asio4all drivers (I do run them at just 64 samples to get low latency? could this be it?) That said it will also drop out when youtube or other stuff is playing?

Is this a know issue? anyone else having the problem? I have never had any issues with the AXE crashing or Axe-edit hanging which I think I hear a lot of people complain of.
Yep typical behavior of a decent preset CPU amount and running axe soundcard. I have a preset only with 85% CPU that farts out due to the multidelay block. Anything in the 70's CPU seems to be fine when soundcarding axe

thanks Guys, I'll have a look at Latencymon and see if things are more stable with a lower CPU preset. Lots of my presets use 2 amps and the multidelay so CPU is often in the 80's sounds like this could be it.

thanks Guys, I'll have a look at Latencymon and see if things are more stable with a lower CPU preset. Lots of my presets use 2 amps and the multidelay so CPU is often in the 80's sounds like this could be it.
I don't remember having any audio problems with CPU over 80...

I don't remember having any audio problems with CPU over 80...

I haven't either. When I had this problem it ended up being the ACPI battery control driver on my laptop, which would ruin things even when the laptop was plugged in. Took me a couple days to work through, and it didn't have anything to do with the AxeFx. Still super annoying until you get it worked out!

Back
Top Bottom