Bug? "USB ADAPTER MODE" does not work as the manual states

The manual states:

USB ADAPTER MODE (ON/OFF)

When Set to ON:
Use this to connect a MIDI keyboard or other device to the MIDI IN port of the Axe-Fx II and play plugins or record performances in your host sequencer/DAW.

That just doesn't work. I've connected my midi keyboard and midi signal is received by the Axe (the "midi in" led lights up), my DAW recognizes the Axe II as a midi interface too, and I enable it. Then if I arm a MIDI track, nothing happens. No midi message is received by the DAW.
I've done everything correctly and I'm almost sure the problem is within the Axe. Other three or four users have experienced the same issue trying to connect their midi keys.

So, is it true that MIDI-to-USB doesn't work in the Axe?

Only program change, continuous controller and sysex messages are supported. It isn't intended for use with a keyboard.

I've added in support for all voice messages in the upcoming firmware. So you'll be able to hook your keyboard up and it should work.

The original intent was to use it for updating the firmware in the MFC and stuff like that. I did a quick test and it seems to work fine with typical keyboard messages now.

I've added in support for all voice messages in the upcoming firmware. So you'll be able to hook your keyboard up and it should work.

The original intent was to use it for updating the firmware in the MFC and stuff like that. I did a quick test and it seems to work fine with typical keyboard messages now.

This is an AWESOME news Cliff! Thank you thank you thank you so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom