usb 4x4

vondano

Inspired
so? is it done?

I see some driver dating 16 november on the fractal site..

are those the ones?

do i need to unistall old driver?

That is still a 4x2 driver.

We want to still do 4x4 but there are some technical issues that need to be resolved. We're hoping it can still be done in the future but can't give any definitive dates at the moment.

ok! thanx for clarification!

now, should i upgrade my driver to the one on the web site!?!?!

are they better???

start up pop fixed???

Cliff mentioned 4x4 usingg too much CPU and said they might deal with this by making it user selectable between 4x2, 3x3 or 4x4. Or something like that.

vondano;575965start up pop fixed???[/QUOTE said:
Yes, a 100% solution was found. by turning on the axe before turning on the power amp and/or speakers there will be no pop. Turning off speakers and power/amp before the axe will prevent shut-down pop as well.

Yes, a 100% solution was found. by turning on the axe before turning on the power amp and/or speakers there will be no pop. Turning off speakers and power/amp before the axe will prevent shut-down pop as well.

This +1000

You should always power up your power amps/speakers LAST. Even if it's a mixer and PA speakers, mixer first and then the speakers. This protects the speakers from any electrostatic discharges which make the popping noises.

I can see why people might be confused. I just saw a full page Axe Fx II ad in the new Guitar World advertising 4x4 USB as a feature. Guess it went to print before Fractal realized it couldn't be done at this time. It would be nice to have, but not a deal breaker since you can create an aggregate device on a Mac.

This +1000

You should always power up your power amps/speakers LAST. Even if it's a mixer and PA speakers, mixer first and then the speakers. This protects the speakers from any electrostatic discharges which make the popping noises.

yeah I know, the thing is my speaker are always on (also being my computer speaker) so for now, it's quicker to unplug the output from the axe... I was just hoping i could be lazyer and not have to do this... lol

I can see why people might be confused. I just saw a full page Axe Fx II ad in the new Guitar World advertising 4x4 USB as a feature. Guess it went to print before Fractal realized it couldn't be done at this time. It would be nice to have, but not a deal breaker since you can create an aggregate device on a Mac.

I saw that add too and said to myself "I thought that was out." But I had been on vacation and thought maybe they figured out a way and I hadn't seen the post.

Back
Top Bottom