USA Lead Mid Gain vs USA Pre Models

Shahar

Experienced
Can someone please explain to me what channel is the “USA Lead Mid Gain” model supposed to represent on the Triaxis? The channel mapping for the “Pre” models is already on Yek’s guide.

Thanks in advance!

Shahar

I do wonder what happens if I choose USA Lead Mid Gain Bright Model and turn off the bright switch in the axe fx tab does it turn the model into USA Lead Mid Gain Model?

So basically..

USA Lead Mid Gain Bright (with AX3 Bright switch OFF) = USA Lead Mid Gain ????

Or the bright switch is doing something else with a bright cap on the volume or gain knob? (For models with the Bright name)

I haven’t used these USA Lead models for context

I do wonder what happens if I choose USA Lead Mid Gain Bright Model and turn off the bright switch in the axe fx tab does it turn the model into USA Lead Mid Gain Model?

So basically..

USA Lead Mid Gain Bright (with AX3 Bright switch OFF) = USA Lead Mid Gain ????

Or the bright switch is doing something else with a bright cap on the volume or gain knob? (For models with the Bright name)

I haven’t used these USA Lead models for context
Mark amps have two bright switches. The one that is in the options is the global bright switch, located in the "Gain" knob of the amp. The models that have the "Bright" in the name correspond to the second bright switch, which is only affects the lead channel and is located in the "Lead Drive" knob of the amp.Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 01.11.57.png

This is confusing, the guide shows Mark IV for USA Lead/Rhythm, but I think USA Lead Mid Gain is Triaxis (look at the doc again).
I’m not sure how you’re coming to that conclusion , it’s under the USA Lead name so it’s the Mark IV

See here from yek:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...a-lead-usa-rhythm-mesa-boogie-mark-iv.115440/

USA PRE LD… is the Triaxis’s lead channels

Maybe your browser is loading up an old version / cached version of the webpage/document , try clearing your internet browser’s cache perhaps.

I’m not sure how you’re coming to that conclusion , it’s under the USA Lead name so it’s the Mark IV

See here from yek:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...a-lead-usa-rhythm-mesa-boogie-mark-iv.115440/

USA PRE LD… is the Triaxis’s lead channels

Maybe your browser is loading up an old version / cached version of the webpage/document , try clearing your internet browser’s cache perhaps.
You’re right, I thought the empty entries correspond to the amp after it, its before.

You’re right, I thought the empty entries correspond to the amp after it, its before.
Now what is confusing on the wiki is why the USA RHYTHM 1 and 2 section (based on the Mark IV’s rhythm channels) under the USA PRE’s section even though it’s for the Mark IV?

IMG_1965.jpeg

@yek ? Thanks for all you do 👏🏻

After a while we'd want 20% less than that though :)
few minutes lateeeer

walle1.png

A tangential thanks to the OP for creating this thread, because it promoted me to explore the Rhythm channels of the Mark IV in the Axe-FX III for the first time. I found glorious bluesy expression with a neck humbucker going into the Rhythm 2 model, and I might not have gotten there otherwise. It's making me question what other models I've been needlessly ignoring.

A tangential thanks to the OP for creating this thread, because it promoted me to explore the Rhythm channels of the Mark IV in the Axe-FX III for the first time. I found glorious bluesy expression with a neck humbucker going into the Rhythm 2 model, and I might not have gotten there otherwise. It's making me question what other models I've been needlessly ignoring.
No problem bro, but to be honest, all credit should go to @2112 he's fucking obsessed with this particular amp/model.

Last edited:
IMHO all Mark series amps are far from intuitive, you have to null out the bass and crank everything else. That’s a bit odd, but it works, so it is what it is. I used to have a DC-5, and I returned it, because I thought who wants this farty muddy mess. Now that I know how to dial those in better, I wish I still had it.

Back
Top Bottom