USA IIC+ any suggestions for g2 to g3 conversion?

is the problem you can't get the same tones period or you can't get the same tones with the same knob settings?

Thanks for the answers, the recordings are based on the same knob settings of G2 vs G3 but i spent a whole day to come closer to my old tone but i couldn't. Somehow it is not tight, i can't scoop the tone no matter what. I am so sorry that i wouldn't use the new amps and cabs but I have to turn back to the fw 18.07 because i have 6 different presets of USAIIC+ and i use them too often..

Edit: I have tweaked the 5 band eq/MV/Bright and i am getting a little closer. I think i need to try more before i give up...

Last edited:
I can't get there from here. One of my two 'go-to' tones is the IIC+ bright, and I'm stuck on FW17 because I can't get anywhere close with newer firmware. The only way I could get there was to do a tone match from one Axe to another. And then I lost the ability to run two cabs, obviously.

So I gave up. I'm staying with 17.04.

I've just checked the IIc+ and sounds really good to me.

Maybe you should approach to it like it was a completely different amp. Don't try to match the same values. Start from scratch... Even try different cabs.

Hyper planet's clip is the prove that it can sound awesome.

Who knows, maybe FAS could include the "idealized G2" amp in addition to this one like they did with the JMP... Just sayin'

The more the merrier.

I had a great mk IV patch on my ultra. It took years of making several patches and trying different things to get the right tone. At the end I felt so sophisticated and confident in how to tweak it. Not long after that I got the xl and tried my hand at mk Ii and Iv tweaking. I totally suck. I think I just dont like playing those amps even though I want to like them. Anyway there is no point to this post except I'm waiting half an hour for a train. Good luck

Reset the amp block's advanced parameters back to defaults via the Utility menu Preset page, then go back and tweak the amp. The advanced parameters are supposed to get updated when the new FW version is installed, but I have found that some presets don't always update completely. I had a similar issue a few FW versions back (don't remember which one specifically). The new model just never sounded right until I reset the advanced parameters or started fresh with a new block or preset. You can also double tap the Bypass button on the front panel (not FX Bypass) to reset all parameters of the current selected block back to factory defaults as well. You'll probably have much better luck starting from defaults and re-tweaking the amp block from there especially going from G2 to G3. Some IR's sound better with different firmware versions too. Current version of the IIC+ and USA Lead models sound spot on to me.

Thanks a lot, i will try to recreate from scratch tomorrow, will see which one will be better..

And i have 2 more questions to latest fw users,

--It sounds like the ''G2 USAIIC+ Norm'' more similar to ''G3 USAIIC+ Brt/Dp'' not the USAIIC+ (G3).. What do you think?

--The drive pedals were updated to G3 too, are there any conversions needed to drive blocks too? Any specific changes on drive blocks on the presets?

Quite a bit changed between G2 and G3. Quantum FW can sound a bit different from earlier G3 as well, so I'd plan on possibly tweaking both amps and drives a bit in all your presets.

Back
Top Bottom