Urgent: No Input 3 or 4 in Cubase (to get dry signal)

sl33py

Hey guys, I searched but came up empty. I'm not reamping, simply want to record the dry signal in while tracking some guitar for a mate's project so he can do what he wants later on.

The Axe is being recorded fine (effected), but when I look in the Cubase Device setup, it says Inputs 3 and 4 are "Inactive". So I guess it actually IS seeing them, but how do I make them active? They aren't selectable as audio track sources like Inputs 1 and 2 are. I've got the latest Fractal USB driver installed.

Thanks for any help in advance. Here is the screen shot of my setup in Cubase 5. Hoping to sort this out as soon as possible because I need to give him these tracks in the next week or so.

noInput3or4.jpg

click the Devices menu then VST connections. In the Inputs tab, click Add Bus (stereo or mono, up to you) and select the inputs you need in the Device Port column.

Champion!!! Thanks a million Chris :) Also: Is it normal for the signal to be ridiculously quiet? Should I take measures to make it fill up the audio channel a bit more? ie 'tickling the red' but in the DAW way? Or just leave it alone...

the dry is quiet. don't adjust it after it's recorded because then it will be different from what you had when you recorded.

Back
Top Bottom