UR cabs and stereo

dschaaf

Experienced
Hi,

This may be a silly question but I used to also use the stereo cab config with whatever cab I was using. I know that when use an UR cab that it is no longer stereo so I would imagine if I want a stereo setup I would just add a second cab block with the other cab. Im most cases the old stereo cab setup was the same cab in both L&R but for some reason (and maybe it is just my ears playing tricks on me) it seemed to have more space to it.

Thanks,
D

However you are hearing it, it's the only way to do it with UR cabs.
If you want to use two UR cabs, you need to use a second cab block.

What I do with my setup is I have he last signal path go into 2 cab blocks and I pan each hard to one side and the other, so I can get 2 different sounds from my 2 CLRs.

Hi,

This may be a silly question but I used to also use the stereo cab config with whatever cab I was using. I know that when use an UR cab that it is no longer stereo so I would imagine if I want a stereo setup I would just add a second cab block with the other cab. Im most cases the old stereo cab setup was the same cab in both L&R but for some reason (and maybe it is just my ears playing tricks on me) it seemed to have more space to it.

Thanks,
D

If you're not coming out of the unit in stereo, or processing one of the cabs differently, then, yes, it's your ears playing tricks on you, because that's the same thing as a mono signal, just louder.

Back
Top Bottom