Ur all crazy

mniel8195

Inspired
I think that it's crazy that so many people don't find the ultra adequate in sound and performance. I think People who think the ultra is only getting them 85% of the way there in terms of tonal quality is crazy. Now the axe ii is coming out people are forgetting that the ultra and standard sound 100% real in and out of the mix. Don't get me wrong all the new features are awesome but untill I have heard a huge jump in quality I'll be keeping my ultra! The only reasons people could be upset with their ultra is if they don't know how to use it. There are no secrets to making tones on the thing! My 5150 sounds better than the real deal and let's not forget it's alot easier to get to that desired tone when recording. I don't think the axe ii is going to change any if this...you still have to have a good ear and alot of knowledge on how to make good sounds. The only thing I really Want is my ultra is to be able to dump some of the amps I dont use to make room for future amps....this won't happen but it would be great. Btw I love the new firmware and I doubt that it will be the last one.

I agree with some of what you have said.

Not everyone is chasing the metal tone though, nor indeed a guitar tone.
I use my Ultra for a lot more than guitar tones- even though the sound source is a guitar.

I welcome the Axe II, but I won't be upgrading for a while- certainly not until they are available, stable and I can afford it.

I agred with some of it as well. I am pleased with my ultra, and it will not sound any worse today than yesterday before the II came out.

I WILL say that it may sound crazy, but the axe II is what I always wanted - more processing power, with the amp separate and the FX separate - most of my patches use up almost ALL the available CPU, and I'm almost NEVER able to add in that touch of reverb. I wsa thinking about getting another ultra JUST for FX, but the II takes care of all of that. Most users do not have this problem, so I may be a minority group here.

I'll prob get the II if I can afford it, but it won't change the fact that my ultra is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :D

I have no regrets having purchased my Ultra 9 months ago. The upside to that was the fact that the major firmware updates and bug fixes had mostly been taken care of by that time, as well as a huge knowledge base from which to refer to (this forum and Yek's How Tos, etc.). If anything, the announcement of the Axe II is nothing more than a logical progression to the FAS stable of processors, and in a year or two, this product will have been well "flushed out"...right about the time I'll be willing and able to spend the $$$ if in fact I feel like the Axe II is an upgrade that I really need to have. I can tell you right now that I won't NEED to have it, but I can easily convince myself otherwise when I have cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Axe-Fx Ultra is a keeper. Don't let the new Axe II hub-bub throw you for too much of a spin.

The main reason I see that new Axe owners are pissed is the the fact they didn't know about the Axe ll that was right around the corner.

The other reason is resale... before the announcement they knew they could get just about full retail price selling it used, that's no longer the case.

It is crazy, up until yesterday. The axe fx was the only piece of gear I have seen selling used for more than you can buy a new one for. I have been watching trying to jump into the game, hoping to catch a new one for 2000.00. I have been seeing them sell on ebay used for 1900 2000 2100 2200 ... I was like, I can't believe people are getting so much for a used piece of gear. When you can buy a new one for 2000. Of course they haven't been in stock for a while or just a few at a time if you could get one. As I tell my kids, you get what you get and don't throw a fit. I have had three JVM's they run 2200 new, you get 1200 to 1500 used for them. I have had 2 Road kings, they sell for 2400 -2500 something like that new, you get 1600 to 1800 used. I have purchased tons of other amps and they all take a dive as soon as you drive them out the door. Marshall is coming out with a new JVM the satrioni version, it will be different, new, perhaps improved. But I don't care, I have mine and I am happy with it just the way it is. I think it will be the same with the ultra.

Back
Top Bottom