UPSET PRESET UNITY GAIN

ATR1

Inspired
I cleared an old preset P2 and now the preset lost its unity gain with no blocks. When using the True Bypass and toggling between ALL, PRE, POST, I am noticing when PRE is bypassed volume drops considerably. (I believe the Loop Section is active). What is the right way to clear a preset and not lose unity gain. This does not happen in a virgin empty preset all levels are the same with true bypass. I hope this makes sense.
Thx

Last edited:
-80 thr,2. rat, 1. att, 20.rel, input gate 0, auto input
I meant, Could it be something in the 'Input noise gate' settings? I don't own an FX8, but there is a 'Level' setting in the 'Axe-Fx II' 'Input noise gate' that alters the level at the very beginning of the signal chain no matter what (if anything) is present after.

That is my In/Gate Tab, Out Pre=0, Out Post=0. Sorry if not understanding
This is the preset Labeled Empty for those with FX8. Thanks Moke.

Attachments

• EMPTY PRESET.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
I cleared an old preset P2 and now the preset lost its unity gain with no blocks. When using the True Bypass and toggling between ALL, PRE, POST, I am noticing when PRE is bypassed volume drops considerably. (I believe the Loop Section is active). What is the right way to clear a preset and not lose unity gain. This does not happen in a virgin empty preset all levels are the same with true bypass. I hope this makes sense.
Thx
there are a lot of settings in a preset that are saved even if you empty all the blocks. usually clear presets on the FX8 by saving over them with an empty preset that I've never made any changes to

So maybe save a virgin preset say(P6) to cleared preset(P2)? I would think if we delete a whole preset it would go back to its virgin state. Must be a way.. Thx.

Back
Top Bottom