UPS status: "Delay"

bigfoamfinger

Inspired
For the last 3 days my III's UPS shipping status says "Delay". UPS claims the package went to the wrong routing center, and is being re-routed, which is causing the issue. They claim it's still delivering on the original date, yet the tracking status remains the same. I've called UPS every day asking for updates and can't seem to get any solid info besides this.

I live in CA and the package is coming from the East coast, so I guess it's possible that the status will update once it reaches a regional center and is scanned, but I'm still not super comfortable since it's an expensive item. It's pretty ridiculous that packages just seem to go ghost in their system, as far as tracking goes. They should be able to tell where any package is at any point in time, and provide that over the phone.

I called Fractal today to loop them in, just in case this goes bad. They were very supportive and told me to call again tomorrow morning if the status doesn't change

Anyone else had a similar situation with these delays, and can share experience?

My experience with this type of situation with FedEx/UPS is while it's unnerving, sit tight and be patient. More often than not it gets sorted without any actual delays. Their website and their customer service tend to be the last to know what's actually going on.

I also often wonder if they deliberately take convoluted routes with ground shipments to entice folks to spend more on expedited shipping. ;)

Tracking status gnerally only changes when the package is scanned, so when it is loaded on some vehicle for a long haul over thousands of miles you may not see an update when it goes the distance. As it gets closer to the destination you will see scans as it is routed through the last few legs of delivery.

I don't know. I had a similar thing with my newest Takamine acoustic\electric from Japan, then California. I'm on the east coast. They finally told me it was put on the wrong truck and traveled back to California from Florida, which is where it was originally suppose to go.?????. Took weeks to get it to me. But I did finally get it.

I agree, their networking operation, as in who talks to who sucks. But not many choices really.
Hope you get it soon....

Out for delivery today! Was originally slated for Monday so now I get the whole weekend with it
I bought a used 2x12 speaker cab from GC a couple years ago. They gave me the tracking number so I can track the shipping. So I see it leave New York and make its way to Phoenix in 3 days. I check the next day to verify that it is on the truck for delivery and I see that it has left the Phoenix UPS location on its way back to New York. I call UPS and they tell me that the shipping address is messed up somehow and they are sending it back. I called GC and told them to just refund my money. They told me they would ship it back with the correct info and give me $100 off so I told them that would work. It was a long process but worked out in the end.

I don’t like UPS. Problem is I like FedEx even less! Had a similar issue happen when I ordered phones for the family. They were shipped UPS next day and took like 4 or 5 days to arrive! Same deal when I spoke to them as you are experiencing - generally not very helpful as they don’t seem to know much more than you can read online when tracking it. 🙄

UPS deliverer knows what it is and is editing presets for you, maybe getting a gig in before its delivered
🤣😎

Probably. It does say Axe Fx III across the box so it’s not exactly a mystery
Most of the guitarists around here have no clue what an Axe-fx is, and I kinda like that. If they are comfortable with medicore tone and tap dancing on pedals more power to them.

Back
Top Bottom