UPS and Canada Import Fees?

DC23

Experienced
Given all the new and exciting stuff coming down the pipeline, I’m just wondering if anyone in Canada can comment on what sort of brokerage and tax / handling fees us Canadians are looking at given the only shipping option being UPS to Canada.

Thanks! :)

UPS may be an acceptable shipper for domestic, within-Canada parcel shipping, but when it comes to US-to-Canada, UPS are outlandish highway robbers.

I refuse to do business with any US company that imposes UPS shipping.

Given all the new and exciting stuff coming down the pipeline, I’m just wondering if anyone in Canada can comment on what sort of brokerage and tax / handling fees us Canadians are looking at given the only shipping option being UPS to Canada.

Thanks! :)

If you buy direct from Fractal, it’s all included in the shipping cost. If you buy privately or from Reverb, eBay, etc., DON’T use UPS. The brokerage fees are outrageous.

Someone filed a class action lawsuit against UPS and won. Years ago I had purchased two items and used UPS. The first time, I didn’t know what I know now and the second time, the seller shipped the item with UPS, even after I asked him to use USPS. The item in the second case cost about $50 and UPS charged me almost as much in brokerage fees. Back to the class action lawsuit, I received two cheque’s from the lawyers who handled the class action lawsuit, reimbursing me for the excess brokerage fees UPS charged me for the two deliveries I mentioned.

On a domestic delivery I received, which was shipped by UPS, I told the driver I had started buying gear on eBay and he told me not use UPS across the border. Lol

If your shipping from the US to Canada and don't totally hate the person you're shipping to, send it USPS. UPS charges exploitative fees, while the USPS/Canada Post delivery chain seems much less interested in bilking people.

Don't know what the deal is with the privately owned shippers working so hard to cheat people with international shipping. I recently had a small package send to me from Germany via DHL. It got held up in customs for a couple days, so they tried charging me a $93 "storage fee". Uh huh...

If your shipping from the US to Canada and don't totally hate the person you're shipping to, send it USPS. UPS charges exploitative fees, while the USPS/Canada Post delivery chain seems much less interested in bilking people.

Don't know what the deal is with the privately owned shippers working so hard to cheat people with international shipping. I recently had a small package send to me from Germany via DHL. It got held up in customs for a couple days, so they tried charging me a $93 "storage fee". Uh huh...
My concern as well. I wish I could just ship via USPS but the fractal store’s only option is UPS as far as I can see...

Back
Top Bottom