Upgrading from the Ultra to the Ax8

PosterBoy

Inspired
I've had the Axe Fx Ultra for 10 years and it's time to get the Ax8 it looks like it will suit my needs better.
Is the gap during changing presets more on the Ax8 than the Ultra (the ultra has never bothered me in that respect)
What are some other things I should be aware of?

There’s several ways to set it up so think through how you want to use it. Also, any preset with 2 amps can’t be duplicated on the AX8. Having to step on the F switch to change presets takes some getting used to but it does great once you get the hang of it. If you change presets a lot then sticky mode is great for that.

I've had the Axe Fx Ultra for 10 years and it's time to get the Ax8 it looks like it will suit my needs better.
Is the gap during changing presets more on the Ax8 than the Ultra (the ultra has never bothered me in that respect)
What are some other things I should be aware of?

Still a gap when switching amps. Been a while, but the AX8 is little quicker. You can only have 1 amp block, same for the pitch and reverb blocks. Use scenes to avoid switching presets during a song. The best option I have seen is to not use an amp block, and use drive blocks with cabs to switch without an audio gap. Also, plenty of ways to create complex patches with the same amp block.

Thanks for the replies, if the gap is quicker that's great I manage fine with the gap on the Ultra, but I think it does look like scenes are the way forward with the Ax8. I look forward to getting one and exploring the possiblities.

Back
Top Bottom