Upgrading from AXE II: Importing presets, Cabinets and FX's blocks

Imzadi

Hi there,

I just upgraded to the AXEIII and I was wondering what would be the best way to import my AXEII presets, cabinets and some of my block FXs. I'm playing with Frac-tools for this and assume they will need some tweaking, but I'm having problems as the the presets won't see the cabinets and I wanna see what is the best way to do all this.

Thanks!

You can use Fractal Bot or Axe Edit (Axe Manage Cabs) to import your user cabs. All of the II's factory cabs are available in the III's Legacy cab bank as well. You'll likely have to manually reselect each of your user cabs in your presets, unless you load your user cabs in the same order and slots they were on the II.

FracTool will convert your presets, but they may sound different because of the huge differences in firmwares

You might be right. I did a few test and they came out totally different. Not sure if is even worth doing. But It'd be great to at least dial the FXs as I have so many blocks, but they are also coming VERY different!

So yes, maybe I need to do them from scratch, but we are talking about about almost 100 patches! (I use many different kind sounds as I'm a film/tv composer...)

Yeah a lot of the blocks have been reworked quite a bit (some more than once) since the II days. Your old presets can be good starting templates at least and you can reset the blocks and dial them back in from there.

Back
Top Bottom