upgrading firmware on win7 64-bit?

mePt

hi all,

so i've cleaned up my music machine, converted it to windows 7 64-bit, etc...everything's great...but i can't updated the axe's firmware with ANYTHING it seems?!

i'm running the computer to a motu 828mk3 with the latest/ greatest win7 64-bit drivers, have tried midi-ox, the axeEditor, sendSX (i can't get the lars editor to even load)--all give the "bad checksum" error after loading. i've tried probably about 10 times now and nothing...

any clues/ thoughts? i am getting a motu microlite midi box today and maybe that will do the trick?! but--doubtful right now....

Same problem here. Actually, my AXE-EDIT starting crashing on me. I tried everything, and finally, I unistalled and reinstalled AXE-EDIT, and was able to successfully update firmware, although it's still not what I would call stable.

Back up your preset folders and try uninstalling/reinstalling AXE-EDIT. It may not work for you, but it certainly can't hurt, and it did the trick for me to upgrade to V9.

-Steve

Win7 64-bit worked fine for me here using Bome's SendSX and an Alesis IO|26 audio interface's midi port.

anyone else using a 828mk3 on win7 64-bit and getting it to work?

(i've actually always had some issues with updating the axe and the 828, had a tascam 1884 that worked everytime--hmmmmm)

I can report Windows 7 64bit and a cheap midi cable from ebay ($10) working fine for me.

Axe-edit still crashes from time to time, but no more than it used to when I was running XP.

VidarAus

I had the same problem until yesterday.

I'm using windows 7 64-bit and a M-audio delta 2496 with the latest drivers and tried updating the firmware with AXE-EDIT, midi-ox and Bome's sendSX. AXE-EDIT and midi-ox didn't work, and Bome's sendSX didn't work with the "Speed of sending MIDI" setting on very slow or actual MIDI speed.

It finally worked when I changed the setting of "Speed of sending MIDI" all the way to very fast!

Hope this helps and good luck!

javajunkie said:
Win 7 64-bit w/ Axe-edit worked fine here.

+1...works flawlessly with the Cakewalk UM-1G. I tried one of these based on price point & they had already developed drivers for windows 7. Awesome lil' interface!

If anything causes problems, it's either your hardware or its drivers, which are both the manufacturer's fault. I had no trouble updating to 9.00 with my Echo AudioFire4 in Win7 64-bit using Bome's SendSX. MIDI-OX should work equally well but SendSX is easier (just select inputs/outputs, open the firmware file and press send).

I had a problem like that, only it was just due to no win7 support for the firebox yet. I upgraded on my gf's xp pc lol.

well...after a "bunch" of tries with the 828mk3, i gave in and rehooked up my tascam 1884...but after a couple tries of it failing too...FINALLY it went thru. ;p just a luck of the draw thing at the moment i guess.

honestly, i have to say, this really shouldn't be an issue on the personal hardware's fault--because for everything BUT the axe--they've worked fine...everytime. on both mac and pc (yes, not win7 yet--too new).

i don't know my audio software (3d graphics/ film guy so i too can share in the pain of making software work on "random" hardware ;) --audio is just an expensive hobby ;p but there has to be something with how the axe is reading these files/ something in the box itself...but what's weird to me is (i think) they are "just standard sysex" type right? (not that i'm really asking for any info on what it does--just want it to work cause all these updates are just simply: awesome!)

there's no good reason that hardware sending "default" type files should fail on this many people's machines (but weirder things have happened--linux anyone?! --sorry--sarcasm...let's just say i'm not a fan of linux most of the time ;) i'm crossing my fingers that the offical axEditor will address and solve these problems internally for the firmware sends/ updates.

anyway...thanx for the ideas everyone! i really appreciate it!!!!

jelyfinger said:
+1...works flawlessly with the Cakewalk UM-1G. I tried one of these based on price point & they had already developed drivers for windows 7. Awesome lil' interface!

ah...so you liked this unit huh? i looked at it as i run sonar, and thought it'd be a good thing, just wanted one more input...so i ordered a motu--hopefully i don't regret that. ;p but if it doesn't work out...i'll definitely just get this one! thanx for the info!

Back
Top Bottom